Something about me!

Peace Greetings!

My name is Hiba Basheer and I hail from the beautiful country called India but home is Dubai.

I am an art lover, food-lover, baker and cooking enthusiast. There are days when I am only thinking of what new thing to cook/eat next. I love to cook something new in my kitchen always. Though the Mr. complains, 'why don't you just make some normal food?' And then he eats. I become happy.

I am blessed to have my family and extended families out here in Dubai. So we are mostly busy getting together with them on weekends. Thats when I get to try out the new dishes I drool over the internet and share with family/ friends. So, now they know I will get something different from the normal.

Before Arham happened, I worked as a banker, then as an art teacher in a nursery and later, school for a while. I still love to let out my creative side when I get inspired. Pinterest is a wonderful app for those who want to do fun, creative stuff.

Arham is my toddler son, my life I can't imagine without. Everyone asks me how I manage with him, coz he is an absolutely naughty restless noisy monster. Having a teacher side to me, I always try to give him activities to engage him. Pinterest is again a big help. He knows when Im baking something, and he keeps checking on the oven and screams 'caykeii'! Everything I bake is caykei for him. And he always loves what I make, alhamdulillah. He motivates me.

I miss my art teacher job, love to do activities with little ones. 

My little cousins and friends love to join me in my kitchen to cook new stuff.

Hence I came up with this idea or in fact got inspired to do cooking activities with those who love food. To me cooking is an activity that people of all age-groups will enjoy.  

I host Cooking / Baking Activities for Adults/ teenagers/ kids @ Crumbs and Chatters. Any skill level. We will be trying different cuisines from English Brunches, to Indian Biriyani to Layered Buttercream cakes to Italian panacotta, Moroccan couscous, etc. I assure you will learn something, teach me something, have fun and eat finger-licking good food. 

So join me for a bake along. Let's inspire one another.



  • Cooking/ Baking workshops : When kids make something with their own little hands, they feel a sense of achievement within themselves. And I love to experience that when I work with them. If you are looking to organize workshops for kids/ teens, I would love to host them to encourage them to cook, know what goes into food preparation, create curiosity to new ingredients and love to eat healthy and tasty food and get that sense of achievement after the recipe comes into life. 

  • In case you would like me to be part of your organization, or host workshop for your office/ a personal cooking lesson, please email me at crumbsandchatters@gmail.com and I would be overwhelmed. 
  • Reviewing products: I’d be happy to assist you in reviewing ingredients, kitchen products, appliances or anything relating to food and/ children.
  •  If you’d like any help with anything else connecting to food & kids I’d be more than happy. Send an email or simply comment below.

  • At Crumbs and Chatters,we cook real food, mostly made from scratch with good quality halal ingredients.
  • We don't do fondants/ decorations only to fancy up food that end up being too unhealthy and/ wasted. Money is precious so lets invest in the good stuff and eat real good food.





Comments

Popular Posts